Dyson Perrins cleaning and repairs completed
A project to give the exterior of the Dyson Perrins Laboratory its first significant renovation in many years finished in early February after starting in summer last year
Contractors, managed by staff from the Conservation & Buildings team, cleaned and repaired the exterior of the building, which is currently occupied by the Schools of Geography and the Environment and Archaeology.
The project involved removing unsightly deposits from stonework and bricks; repairing or replacing cracked or decayed masonry; repointing; and redecorating timbers and window frames, replacing any that were too badly rotten to be restored.
Dyson Perrins is on South Parks Road and was built between 1911 and 1913, with an extension added to the building’s east in 1920-1922 and more extensions to the north incorporated in the 1940s and 1950s. This maintenance project focused on the first two phases of construction.