Roundup of major projects
Below are the details of the major building projects that the Capital Projects team within Estates Services have recently completed, that they are currently managing or that are in the planning stages
- Southwell Building compressor housing – Extension for engineering turbine testing facility. Completed in December 2019. Project Manager: Nick Mullineux, TMD.
- 1-4 Keble Road Refurbishment – Doctoral Training Centre relocation to enable creation of Energy Storage research facility in the Rex Richards Building. Completion is now due in Q1 2020; completion of the Rex Richards project is expected Q2 2020. Project Manager: Nick Mullineux, TMD.
- Robert Hooke Phase V – Part 2 – Cluster Tool – Refurbishment work in the Robert Hooke Building basement to accommodate a new cluster tool for the Physics department. Expected to complete in March 2020. Project Manager: Andrew Sneddon, Ridge.
- Biochemistry Completion, Science Area – The construction of the building continues to progress well. The building is now weathertight and internal fit-out has commenced. Estimated completion Q4 2020. Project manager: Jon Odell, CPC.
- IDRM (Institute of Developmental and Regenerative Medicine) - The main contractor has now been selected and planning permission been granted. Construction has commenced and is due to complete Q2 2021. Project Manager: Oliver Bannister, Ridge.
- Castle Mill graduate accommodation – building and landscaping improvement works are ongoing and work is due to complete in March 2020. All scaffolding has now been removed. Project manager: Jon Odell, CPC
At planning/design stages
- Humanities on the ROQ – the University has appointed Hopkins Architects to design the Schwarzman Centre for the Humanities. Design work is scheduled to commence in Q2 2020. Project manager: Jon Odell, CPC.
- Osney Power Station refurbishment for Saïd Business School – Enabling works are underway, with the main works scheduled to start in Q3 2020. Project Manager: Jolyon Price, Ridge.
- Tinbergen redevelopment – RIBA stage 3 design is now underway. Demolition and enabling works for the new building are under way and progressing to programme. Project Managers: Tim Crow, ARUP and Richard Todd, Bidwells.
- Parks College – RIBA stage 3 design work is now complete. The project team are currently reviewing the outcome of this and seeking stakeholder sign off. The tender for the contractor for early stage works is underway. Project Manager: Viv Barnard, CPC.
- Cyclotron installation – procurement and installation of a cyclotron to complement the existing Radiopharmacy research facility. Estimated completion is Q3 2021. Project Manager: Richard Todd, Bidwells.
- Kennedy Building Office Extension – Project to add additional office space to the Kennedy Building. The contract with the Main Contractor is being finalised and work is expected to start onsite in this quarter. Project Manager: Andrew Schedler, CPC.