Lost, stolen or damaged cards

Lost and stolen cards

If the card is lost or stolen please inform us immediately and we will stop the card. Reporting this loss quickly will prevent unauthorised use of the card.

We will then issue a new card although this will not be sent until we receive payment from the staff or student.

If a lost or stolen card is recovered after a replacement has been requested, it cannot be used and must be returned to you for destroying. The barcode and internal DESFire Chip are changed after a card  has been reported as lost or stolen. This means the old card has effectively been cancelled and cannot be reactivated.

There is no fee for replacing a stolen card where a crime number has been provided.

If urgent access is required to libraries, then the Bodleian Library Admissions Office in the Weston Library on Broad Street will issue you a day pass until the new University Card is ready.

Damaged cards

We will replace any damaged or faulty university card free of charge, with the exception of Retiree cards where a £15 fee must be paid (the card expiry date will, however, be extended for the maximum of four years duration).

Contact us

We regret that we are unable to deal with enquiries in person.

University Card Office
6 Worcester Street

+44 (0)1865 2 70576


Useful links

1 Start 2 Complete
List of site pages